PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Information we collect from visitors:
Visitors to the BTOD Site can access the Site's home page, and browse some areas of the Site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the website you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. BTOD may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
BTOD will take steps to safeguard any information you share with us. By providing any personal information, you acknowledge and agree that, despite efforts to safeguard such personal information, no system, including the BTOD systems, are perfect and no data is completely safe from inadvertent, unintended or unauthorized disclosure. BTOD stores the information you provide about yourself in a database in order to provide you with the information you request. The information is stored for the lifetime of the database unless you request that it be removed.
The information on this website is intended for individuals 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from Site visitors under the age of 18.
Except as described above, BTOD will not intentionally otherwise use or disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except to the extent reasonably necessary:
- to correct technical problems and malfunctions, to technically process your information and to determine the effectiveness of our projects;
- to protect the security and integrity of our website;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- to take precautions against liability;
- to the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process; or
- to the enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, as applicable.
As a resource to Site visitors, BTOD may provide links to other websites. Site users should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of these websites, as BTOD cannot control or be responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
THIRD PARTIES. BTOD may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below:
- Companies and people who work for BTOD: BTOD contracts with other companies and individuals to help BTOD administer the Buprenorphine-containing Transmucosal products for Opioid Dependence REMS Program. If you are a healthcare professional, BTOD may validate your licensure status and other information against available databases that list licensed healthcare professionals. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information BTOD maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the site that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies’ use of personally identifiable or healthcare information.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when BTOD believes that its release is required to comply with the law regulations, rules or local ordinances. We may release personal health information if, in our judgment after review by an attorney, the release is compelled by law or regulation, or if the release may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.